Must Read: Be Inspired to Ms. MARY JOYCE MATIN-AO CLAVEL Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Filipino Batch 2019

A woman suffered from discriminations and judgments, maski kadugo mo ibababa ka, ijajudge ka. Oo, hinulaan na mabubuntis, nangarap, nabigo ngunit di sumuko. I would never forget this, I heard them say “may boyfriend ka? Baka hindi ka pa tapos ay mabubuntis ka na!”, “Hindi ka makakatapos dahil sa lakwatsera at kabardista ka”, at “Kung makakatapos ka, baka hindi ka na lilingon sa pinanggalingan mo at baka nga hindi mo na matutulungan pamilya mo”… Muntik ko lang maisumbat na “Hindi mo po ako pinapakain at hindi po ikaw ang gumagastos sa mga kailangan ko kahit na mahirap ang buhay namin.” People may talk behind us, people may not believe in us but we do not exist for them. But thank you for them because I successfully pursue my dreams in life, they inspired me through their words to stay strong and motivated me by their judgment to study hard.
Entering college was a big challenge not only for me but also to my mother, some may know about her work; my mom is unemployed citizen, making rugs and doormats but still, I am really proud of her. Sa isang marangal na trabaho, nakapagtapos ako. In order to support my study, I need to find a way and that's the time I said to myself that I'll be needing some scholarships. Yes, not only one but as many as I can -- big thanks to CHED for choosing me as one of their scholars and I was able to help my mother with our expenses at home. After getting my first scholarship, God made his way and that's the time I was able to join the ROTC but the first 2 years of being an officer was not that easy, it was a long, long story back then. I need to travel from different places just to attend meetings, orientations, and seminars, and get home facing my reviewers, assignments, requirements, and other minor stuffs. Sa pagtungtong ko sa 2nd year ay nakuha ako bilang academic scholar sa dalawang napakabait na politicians sa municipal namin na sina Hon. Emorecha at Hon. Puerto, they sustained my tuitions and miscellaneous fees. And on September 14, 2016, napasok ako bilang mananayaw sa isang organisasyon sa school na kung tawagin ay Sining Ghendawan Ensemble and they also sustained my allowances. After that, naging hectic ang schedule ko, sa umaga estudyante, sa gabi at sabado dancer, at sa linggo officer; still proud of myself for getting academic scholarships despite of those workloads. Sa bawat yugto ng buhay ko ay hinding hindi rin talaga mawawala ang mga masasakit na paghuhusga ng ibang tao. Kung magagabi sa pag-uwi dahil sa mga practice sa school, huhusgahan ka na naglalakwatsa kasama ang mga kaibigan, at kung may nakakasama na lalaki sa pag-uwi, iba na ang iniisip nila. May mga kwento na nagliliparan tungkol sa akin na hindi naman totoo, kung totoo naman ay may madadagdag o mababawas sa kwento. ‘Yong parang pugot na ang ulo mo habang naglalakad sa harapan nila. Parati kong pinalalakas ang loob ko na huwag silang pansinin at iisipin na lang ang kinabukasan ng pamilya ko. But sometimes, I fall down on my knees and cried at night because I am so tired, really tired but I just can't give up thinking that my family will suffer. Nobody noticed about my breakdowns because they are used to seeing me lively and happy. Some of my true friends knew my story and I thank God for giving me them. Napagdaan ko rin na magpakapal ng mukha at magmakaawa sa ibang tao upang tulungan lamang kami sa mga kinakailangan ko sa paaralan. Alam kong hindi madali na pag-aralin ang anak sa kolehiyo kaya proud ako sa Ina ko na napagtapos niya ako. Salamat rin sa tiyahin ko na si Mommy Nancy na walang sawang tumulong sa mga pangangailangan ko.
My journey was a little bit hard, and I do believe that all of the graduating students have faced different struggles like mine. But I'll tell you, at the end of the day, we must learn that we go in college, we enter school not because this is what our parents want, not because we will get some awards but because we need to develop our good character and instill to ourselves how to be an upright person. Educated people know that the right things must be applied and must be memorized by our hearts and minds.
If you fail a hundred times then stand-up a million times. If you feel like giving up, kneel down and pray. He listens.
I don’t want it to look like I’m bragging myself, I am just genuinely proud of myself for all the achievements I have made. These honors and awards I have received, will not be possible without the love and support of my mother, my family and my friends.
Again, thank you so much for all the people who've been part of my college years.
✳️To my mother, Mama Susana, I hope I made you proud. This is all for you. I love you!!!
✳️To my siblings, your experiences before became my foundation and motivation to strive harder, thank you for supporting me. I knew you guys are the proudest siblings of all.
✳️To my aunt, Mommy Nancy , thank you po sa financial support na binigay nyo. Thank you for the advices that gave. Thank you so much for everything.
✳️To my best of friends, blockmates, schoolmates, orgmates, thank you for the wonderful memories we've shared together.
✳️To my number one supporter, best buddy, kuya, shoulder to cry on, Dindo, thank you for making me feel special particularly on the times I feel I'm not. Thanks for motivating me always.
✳️To my teachers in Buug Pilot Central School, The Seeds of Life Christian School of Buug, thank you for shaping my character as a student and was able to bring all the knowledge you've taught me in my college years.
✳️To my professors and instructors in MSU - Buug, I must say that you are the many reasons of my success. I was inspired and moved by your learnings, I am privileged to meet versed teachers like you.
✳️To SG Movers and to our mentor, you made me stronger. You made me the better version of myself. You made me experience all the ups and downs, the hardships and also the fruit of success. Without you, I will not be able to finish my studies. I am grateful to be guided by your morals and artistic visions.
✳️To ROTC Family, thank you guys for the memories we’ve shared, thank you for moral supports, and thank you for being there for me. Without this family, I am nothing, kayo ang nagturo sa akin kung paano maging leader sa grupo, sa estyudante, at sa sarili. Thank you ng marami.
✳️To Divine Master and Master, the wisdom and guidance since I was in elementary up until this moment is totally wondrous; I am always moved by your miracles. Thank you so much!
✳️To those people who love me and care for me without doubt and judgment, I am sending my warmest hugs to you.
I am welcoming myself to a real world, no student discount at all.
The bustling product of:
Oroqueta Elementary School – Oroqueta (Grade I)
San Nicolas Elementary School – Cavite (Grade II)
Buug Pilot Central School – Buug (Grades III-VI)
Saint Paul School of Buug – Buug (1st Year)
Del Monte National High School – Buug (2nd Year)
The Seed of Life Christian School of Buug, Inc. as their First Honorable Mention Batch 2015 - Buug (3rd and 4th year)
And now, an active product of MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY – Buug Campus
✔️Sining Ghendawan Awardee
✔️ROTC Awardee
✔️Proficiency in Student Teaching Awardee
✔️College Performer Awardee
✔️College Athlete Awardee
✔️Community Service Awardee
✔️Service Awardee
---------------------------------------------------------------------
MARY JOYCE MATIN-AO CLAVEL
Bachelor of Secondary Education
Major in Filipino
Batch 2019
Signing off as your:
Vice President and Dancer of Sining Ghendawan Ensemble
Vice President of Filipino Club
Goalkeeper of College Futsal
The first professional in the family.
To God be the Glory.




Comments